Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Weekly Update...

Hey there! I know I haven't been on in a week or so and I apologize. I have been so busy going to shows that I haven't had a chance to breathe, but of course, it's always a great experience for me. So let's start with last Saturday and I'll move on from there.

BlackFlag Shoppe held an event in Newark, NJ at The Coffee Cave last Saturday and it rocked! There were performances by John Vincent, Brokn.Englsh, Daniel Joesph, Cappadonna of Wu-Tang Clan, Dyana Prinze, Bully Mouth, and ending off with St Joe Louis (who were performing in Brooklyn that same night). There was so much hype that night, great people, dope crowd, amazing food and drinks, awesome performances, I mean it was a total success. Oh and what better way to end a night than to hit Tops diner in Harrison? I won't even go there with that one...
One more thing, be sure to check out BlackFlag Shoppe's blog for a list of events, or even to buy a Tee. So give O and L a visit at the shop, they're cool peoples!  Tell them Melodics sent you. =)

Wednesday was a pretty spectacular evening as well. A few friends and I hit NJPAC for an Old School Hip-Hop tribute. DJ Questlove of The Roots was originally supposed to DJ but wasn't  able to make it due to personal reasons, but of course that didn't make it any less of a night. He was replaced by DJ Pete Rock which was such a great experience being that I had never seen him live as opposed to seeing Quest quite a few times in these past months. It was a night filled with fun, laughter, dancing, drinks and more. If you haven't checked out what's going on recently in Newark this summer I suggest you check it out.

On Thursday I went to The Court Tavern in New Brunswick, NJ to see a few local artists and of course the one and only, talented Masta Ace! It was straight underground dopeness, a place where real hip-hop artists tore the stage up that night. I had the opportunity to meet some really amazing dudes from all over the Dirty Jerz to the streets of New York. Not only did they put on a great show but they were promoting their music pretty heavy, so guess who got a hand of a few new albums? Yes, me. So be prepared to read some awesome reviews. Stay tuned.

Saturday and Sunday were probably the best two days out of the week. On Saturday I finally had the chance to go to Real Deal Radio and hang out with the crew. I even got to meet some real down to earth rappers being interviewed that day. Real Deal Radio holds it down for North Jersey and a lot of New York. I never met such funny, awesome and chill people in my life. The whole environment through out the studio was uplifting, I felt such a music loving energy. Check them out on YouTube and show some support.

Sunday!!! Sorry, I had to emphasize my expression for the best day of my week. Sunday's the one day you're "supposed" to be resting, but Ha! Who needs rest when Rock Steady is in town, Newark at that! I had a blast, I rolled with a few dudes from Real Deal Radio and met up with a more people I knew. Rock Steady was celebrating its 33rd anniversary for free and what better way than to hold the concert in one of the most diverse, Hip-Hop loving cities in Jersey. Let me give you a quick run down on who was at the show. Big Daddy Kane, Brown Bag All Stars, DoItAll from Lords of the Undergound, EPMD, Dres of Black Sheep, The Artifacts, Canibus, Joelle Ortiz, DJ Premier, DJ Peter Rosenberg, N.O.R.E,  Poison Pen, and Immortal Technique to name a few. There was so much food, so many people and despite the rain I had tons of fun. I will be posting pics up soon, so be alert.

Well, it was great catching up and sharing my week with all of you. I'm working on a few interviews, helping out at Real Deal Radio (so I definitely will be posting links), and also, I'll be blogging very soon for another site, strictly Hip-Hop. I hope you all continue to have a beautiful and blessed week. Later!

Peace, Mad Love and Melodies

1 comments:

Smooth-X said...

Sounds like you had an awesome week. Looks like everything is coming together for you. I wouldn't mind going to Tops diner in Harrison. If you won't go there to explain it, it must be good. =D Lookin forward to your reviews and post.

Post a Comment