Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Something? Or Nothing at All...

"Falling too fast
Clearly rules don't apply
Cant believe that I just met you
You got me here watching minutes pass by
Wondering when to expect you
There you go is this a dream
Looking like every picture that I've seen of you before
I've seen it all before now that its over
Should have known better
Then to think this was real
And you could be mine
Should have known better
Slowed it down
Cause I feel you needed time.
But I kept thinking
This could be something
Maybe it's nothing at all
I guess it's what we make it."
     -Drake

I took the time to type the lyrics so you could read and relate to what I'm about to write. Now, Drake is not one of my favorite artists, sorry to disappoint you Drake fans, but he does come out with catchy songs that stick to my head from time to time. This song in particular, "Something", gives me the most melancholic vibe I could possibly feel. Yeah I know what you're thinking, "Drake of all people?" but yes, he truly moved me with this one. He starts off by saying "Falling too fast, clearly rules don't apply". How many of us have been in a situation where you meet someone, start off with a great vibe, hang out a few times, everything is great on both ends and then out of no where, you get booted, without even knowing what happened? I am definitely not ashamed to say it's happened to me. What do you do to go back to those wonderful times you spent with that person, do you try to recreate those exact moments? It's very challenging, especially when the other person has made up their mind. But could it really have been "something" or was it just "nothing at all"? Some of us settle and offer whatever we can, perhaps a piece of ourselves, lowering our standards of love in order to hold on to something that quite possibly will never be there again. Is it really worth holding on to crazy dreams and believing that a person will actually fall in love with you just because you think you do everything right in the book? That's where I went wrong. Nobody wants too much, they all love a little challenge, don't you? I thought I was winning his heart over because I made myself available countless times, never saying "no" and guess what, it failed. An unsuccessful waste of time, because at the end, they want someone who has a little backbone.  I guess my point to all this is that I wish it was a little more than just "what we make it". Love is actually out there, with out me having to sacrifice my entire mind, body and soul in order for someone to love me back. He obviously wasn't the one, and I am amazing, so I have nothing left except to move on...

Peace, Mad Love & Melodies

3 comments:

Smooth-X said...

I agree with you completely. I've been in the same exact situation many times..especially on the making yourself available. Every time I would always wonder why it never went the way I wanted it, and now I know why. I know for a fact that I give too much of myself at times, even to people who don't even deserve half of it but I still do it anyway. Each person who has come and gone has given me a bit of knowledge on how to handle these types of situations. While it may have felt bad back then I'm glad it happened, cause now I see what's right and will continue to move on to a better direction.

Lyn Melodix said...

Thanks for your insight. I know what you mean, I feel like I'm still dealing with it and it's unfortunate because I shouldn't waste my time, but there's a part of me that "hopes". Although, I have become a bit more tough when it comes to these situations because I never want to be in it again. So I am playing the role how I feel is best from now on.

Smooth-X said...

Through time you'll get over your current situation, the part of you that still "hopes" is stuck in the "old you" and hasn't caught up to the new direction your headed. It'll catch up sooner or later. Also, you can never be in the same situation, the only way you can is if you didn't learn from the past. Once you've experienced something; you usually know how to deal with it. It's good to know your past and reflect but never dwell on it.

Post a Comment