Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Inside Her Fairy Tale World

It's been a while since I've actually listened to a female rapper's entire album but today I found my reason to do so. This extremely talented emcee goes by the name of Emperess, oh and please don't forget the "E". Her most recent album, "Fairy Tale World" has such a feel-good vibe that it makes it extremely hard for you to unplug your headphones off your iPod, at least for me it was. The album contains 7 tracks, "Hear Me Out" featuring T.I.M.E and "Fly" featuring Myk Dyaleks of Brokn.Englsh, which just so happens to be one of my other favorite hip-hop groups. My favorite song off the album is "...Like This..." hitting home for me in that good, reminiscent way. I've had that song engraved in my mind since I first heard it. Her album all around was an amazing experience, definitely bringing something new to the table. Most rappers nowadays have lost focus on what it truly means to be a lyricist and have forgotten what hip-hop is really about. This is one thing Emperess has not failed at, in fact, she has my complete respect on that level. Inside her "Fairy Tale World" she brings you nothing but the realest, freshest rhymes. Her flow is indescribable, like a bit of neo-soul mixed with 90's making  it a totally chill album. If you haven't already, I highly recommend you check it out. I promise you no disappointments. Oh, and what do you know, I've even provided a link. Just sit back, enjoy the flow and thank me later.

Peace, Mad Love & Melodies

Emperess.bandcamp.com
Dont4getTheE.blogspot.com


<a href="http://emperess.bandcamp.com/track/like-this-2">...Like This... by Emperess</a>

0 comments:

Post a Comment